Entertainment News

Salman did not call off US trip: Boney Kapoor

Posted on: August 31, 2009

Producer Boney Kapoor has slammed reports that actor Salman Khan cancelled his trip to New York for promoting his upcoming release ‘Wanted’ in the wake of Shah Rukh Khan’s detention at a US airport earlier this month.

Media reports had said that Salman called off the trip after Shah Rukh was detained and questioned by immigration officials at Newark airport for over two hours Aug 14.

“This is completely false. Not going to New York was a decision taken by the producers and Salman didn’t even know about it. He is unnecessarily being dragged into all this. We refused to go to the US because the proposal offered to us for the event there was not acceptable to us. That’s it,” Kapoor told us.

“News reports said that Salman was to be in New York Sep 3. That is also completely untrue,” he added.

‘Wanted’, a film by noted choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Deva, stars Salman and Ayesha Takia. The action flick is slated for release Sep 18.

Source: IANS

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Archives

August 2009
M T W T F S S
« Jul   Sep »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

Top Clicks

  • None

Blog Stats

  • 3,881 hits
%d bloggers like this: